If you are requesting permission to quote/duplicate texts:
Thanks for your interest, piero
- If you only want to quote a few sentences, you are more than welcome. Just mention the source in parentheses, as usual.
- If you want to duplicate one of my texts, it's a strange request:
I think it is wiser and more effective to simply link to the original
webpage rather than duplicate its text on your webpage.
- The text may change in the future (in fact, on my website texts change on
a daily basis). Why would you want to duplicate a text
that will rapidly become obsolete? I think it's wiser to just put
a link to someone else's text rather than duplicate the text as it
is on a given day. I think that was the whole point of the world-wide
- Google penalizes duplicate texts. It penalizes both texts.
Anybody who gives you permission to duplicate their texts may not
be aware that it will probably reduce their page ranking.
- Once you have published my text, i do not "own" the exclusive on that text
anymore. For example, if i want to publish that text in a book, the publisher
requires the exclusive rights.