These are the charitable organizations that i personally recommend.
I have found them to be reliable and competent. Having travelled to more than
100 countries of the world, i've had opportunities to check how they spend your money.
This does not mean that other organizations are not as good, but these ones
are the ones that i personally verified.
I do not collect money on their behalf because it would be difficult for me
to prove to you that i indeed sent them your money. So please contact them
- CARE - This is by far the organization that has received more money from me over the years. If you want to help children in developing countries, CARE is the one.
- Kiva - Kiva's mission is to connect people through lending for the sake of alleviating poverty. Kiva is the world's first person-to-person micro-lending website, empowering individuals to lend directly to unique entrepreneurs in the developing world.
- Oxfam - Another good one for help to developing countries
- Medicins Sans Frontieres - Volunteer doctors who operate in extremely poor (and sometimes very dangerous) areas
- Medshare - dedicated to improving the environment and healthcare through the efficient recovery and redistribution of surplus medical supplies and equipment
- Action Against Hunger
- Millennium Village Project - Developed by a team of scientific experts at The Earth Institute at Columbia University and the UN Millennium Project, this is a science-based approach to eradicate extreme poverty in an African village, a comprehensive strategy that includes investments in health, food production, education and gender equality, access to clean water, and essential infrastructure with the aim of putting villages on the path to self-sustaining economic growth.
- Amnesty International - They are often hated by Western politicians, but, in the long run, they have been proven to be right over and over again, and they do a wonderful job of keeping pressure on non-democratic regimes and publicizing cases of human-rights abuses worldwide
- Orbis - 28 million people are unnecessarily blind in the developing world because of malnutrition
- Save The Children - the world's largest independent organisation for children, operating in over 120 countries
- Heifer - 75 years fighting hunger and poverty
- Foundation Fighting Blindness - funds research in retinal degenerative diseases
- Sight Savers - 28 million people are unnecessarily blind in the developing world because of malnutrition
- American Cancer Society
- Associazione Culturale Giacomo Lorenzin - helping African countries develop
- End Child Prostitution
- SOS Children's Villages
- World Food Program
If you know of a charitable organization that deserves to be in this list,
(Charities that operate in only one country or for only one religion are generally not listed here).