Logos 1 - 22/3/2006 - "A Brief History of God" (Slides)
- How the idea of the afterlife developed
- Ancient gods in Mesopotamia, Egypt, Persia, India, China, Greece, Rome
- Evolution of Monotheism
- Did "god" mean the same thing to different civilizations?
- Why do humans believe in God?
- Neural correlate of the mystical experience
Logos 2 - 5/4/2006 - "Islamic civilization" (Slides)
- Pre-Islamic Arabia
- The Arab empires
- The Turko-Persian empires
- Decline and fall
- Renewal and Reformism
- The Rise of the Quran
- Western Integration
- Cultural Psychology
Logos 3 - 19/4/2006 - "History of Slavery" (Slides)
- Slavery and Religion
- Slavery in the ancient world
- Christianity, a religion for slaves
- Islam and the birth of the international slave trade
- The sugar economy and Christian slavery
- Slave-trading kingdoms of Africa
- The Atlantic slave trade
- Abolition after one million years
Logos 4 - 03/05/2006 - "A Herstory of Women/ Women in History"
Logos 5 - 17/05/2006 - "The Scientific and Industrial Revolutions"
- The world in the 16th century: Islam, India, China
- Why did the scientific revolution happen in Europe?
- Copernicus, Galileo, Newton
- Origins of the industrial revolution
- The chemical revolution
- The electrical revolution
- The USA
- The age of the literal
Logos 6 - 31/05/2006 - "The Second Scientific and Industrial Revolution"
- The Biological revolution
- The Electrical revolution
- The Transport revolution
- The Subatomic revolution
- The Cosmological revolution
- The Synthetic revolution
- The Digital revolution
- The Cognitive revolution
- The Genetic revolution
Logos 7 - 14/06/2006 - "The origins of Writing, Poetry, Fiction and Theater"
- The origin of language and languages
- The origin of writing and literature
- Poetry and fiction in the ancient Near East
- Shang China
- The beginning of Indo-European literature and the Vedic language
- The alphabet: Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew
- Poetry and theater in ancient Greece
- Sanskrit literature
- Han China
Logos 8 - 28/06/2006 - "New Arts of the 20th Century"
- Popular music from the vaudeville to rock
- TV Shows
Logos 9 - 25/03/2007 - "Comparing India, China and the West"
- The Dravidians
- Buddhist Art
- Hindu Art
- Modern India
- India, China and the West
Logos 10 - 23/08/2006 - "Geopolitics of the modern Middle East"
- Decolonization of the Arab world