- Philosophy still exists only because of its failure to free humans from alienation
- "Suffering is the corporeal imprint of society"
- Centuries of human sufferings are surprisingly missing from the history of philosophy
- Art, not philosophy, is the memory of accumulated suffering
- Subject and object are distinct
- Dialectics is the attempt to recognize the nonidentity between the subject (thought) and the object while trying to identify with the object. Dialectics is "consciousness of nonidentity"
- To think is to identify
- Dialectics is thinking in contradictions
- A "logic of disintegration" that does not reconcile opposites but realizes their identity
- Western civilization is moving towards self-destruction
- Reason has come to dominate not only nature, but also humanity itself
- Critique of mass culture
- Mass-culture industries manipulate the masses
- People become passive
- Pseudo- individualization: individuals are fed standardized cultural goods
- Mass-culture industries cultivate false needs, needs created and satisfied by capitalism