- The most unhappy state is probably the one in which everybody has achieved equally everything. We would all commit suicide.
- We need problems and even tragedies, inequalities, injustice, anger.
- Our brains were not designed for peace and wealth but for survival of the
fittest, for permanent struggle.
- We often find meaning in profound tragedies, not in relaxed suntanning at the beach.
- A world in which everybody is "happy" is the most unhappy one
you can create; unless you significantly change the human brain, in which case
we would not be human anymore but some other lifeform.
- Either i will not like paradise or it will not be "me" anymore.