The Invisible Technology of the Future
- The future of technology will be invisible: our main tool to control society will be knowledge (a non-material tool) and it will be stored in the "cloud", and accessed via brain-machine interfaces; meanwhile, increasingly small devices ("nanobots") will perform many of the functions to control our bodies.
- Nanodevices will colonize the human body at the same time that the human body will colonize cyberspace through them.
- The human body will be connected with existing objects (the technology of the past), as well as with the cloud and the nanobots.
- The world will become a peer-to-peer network of bodies, objects, apps, clouds, etc.
- The human body will become just one of many participants in a vast P2P network.
- The primacy of the human experience over object "experience" will dissipate as the human body dissipates in the overall network.