Cognition is Noise
- Noise is easily recognized as such within a system (e.g. a native Italian speaker can detect that a word or sentence is not correct)
- Noise within a system is interpreted as information by a higher-level cognitive system
- If it is true that we are the highest cognitive system on this planet, then our knowledge of the planet is mostly noise
- Cognitive life is a spiral of noise
- Books worth reading are those that introduce noise. If they only provide information, then they are reference books.