Utopia and Jobs
- We are moving towards an era in which all of the following (that used to cost a lot) will be free of charge: news, music, books, films, mailing letters, phone calls, adverts, encyclopedia, maps, tourbooks, musical instruments (that can be simulated on computers), brochures, timetables of airlines-trains, manuals, etc.
- Every time that the cost of a service goes down to zero, an entire industry has to reorganize or dies. Thousands of direct and indirect jobs are lost. All those jobs must migrate somewhere else.
- The higher the number of goods that become free, the higher the number of jobs that are lost.
- If some day everything became free, we would all be jobless.
- What will never (never) be free of charge?