Piero Scaruffi's Editorial Internship Program offers college students and recent
graduates a unique opportunity to be involved in many aspects of a website's
Interns work on a part-time, unpaid basis for three to six months and receive practical experience in critical reading and analysis, research, fact checking and the general workings of an on-line archive and magazine.
Each intern works closely with Piero Scaruffi, an author and journalist with over twenty years of experience and thirteen published books.
Each intern takes part in the creation of the on-line archive and magazine, and is encouraged to generate ideas.
Applicants should have experience with the genres of contemporary music and be fluent in the English language. Experience with the internet and working knowledge of HTML (or willingness to learn it) are a must.
Specific intern responsibilities include
- Scanning thousands of photos from old magazines and press releases to create a chronological database of rock music
- Researching and fact-checking
- Production of the web site
- Adding a forum for the readers to debate music reviews
- Adding the greatest classical, jazz and rock musicians to www.scaruffi.com/birthday
See this page for a detailed list.
This internship requires roughly a 20-hours-a-week commitment.
Your contribution will be acknowledged in the Music section of the web site and will constitute a significant reference in your curriculum vitae.