Have tickets: Mihai, Anne, piero
Date Flt Depart Arrive Stops
03 Aug 07 290 San Francisco, CA 4:20pm Salt Lake City, UT 7:15pm 0
07 Aug 07 291 Salt Lake City, UT 7:55pm San Francisco, CA 8:55pm 0
See my Yellowstone page for details on these sightseeing or hiking spots.
- Aug 3: Fly to Salt Lake City in the evening and drive to Grand Teton via Jackson, Wyoming (5 hours) - Meet Yining at Jenny Lake
- Aug 4: Grand Teton: Cascade Canyon Loop (10h hike) and camp
- Aug 5: Union Falls (6h hike) and drive to Yellowstone's Lake Village
- Aug 6: drive in Hayden Valley, hike Mount Washburn (3h hike), hike Upper Pebble Creek, drive to Gardner (Montana)
- Aug 7: Mammoth Hot Springs Terraces, Artists Paint Pots, Fountain Paint Pot, Old Faithful, and drive (1pm) to Salt Lake City via Idaho Falls (5h)
Most campgrounds are first-come first-serve: no reservations.
May, June, July and August are the rainiest months of the year.
"Average maximum summer temperatures are usually around 25C and occasionally 30C in the lower elevations. Nights are cool and
temperatures may drop to 0-10C.
July and August tend to be somewhat drier, although afternoon thundershowers and lightning storms are common.
During lightning storms get off water or beaches and stay away from ridges, exposed places, and isolated trees.
At any time of year, be prepared for sudden changes; unpredictability,
more than anything else, characterizes Yellowstone's weather."